Play for me that post
Export PST Exchange Server 2007
I have on premises Exchange Server 2007. I would like to export user mailbox archive to pst files directly from server instead of client machine. How can I do that? Let’s see solution for export PST Exchange Server 2007.
Export email archive for user from Exchange 2007 Server is possible. We need to prepare environment to do that. What we need?
- 32 bit Windows system added to domain (can be server or client, I used Windows 8 32 bit version),
- 32 bit Outlook installed,
- Exchange Server 2007 Management Tools (can be downloaded here).
If environment is ready, we can start with process:
- Start Powershell and import PS Excahnge module using: add-pssnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.Admin or start Exchange Management Shell
- Show info of mailbox which you want to export typing: Get-MailboxStatistics –id “mailbox_name”. If mailbox is existing you will see information with “ItemCount”
- Adjust permissions for Administrator for those mailbox because normally admin has no rights to any. Type: Add-MailboxPermission -Identity “mailbox_name” -User “Administrator” -AccessRights FullAccess
- Now you’re ready to export: export-mailbox –id “mailbox_name” -PSTFolderPath “Path/file.pst”